There is a handful of commercial garage doors out there. Irrespective of brand, there are choices for any commercial property. How do they differ? In terms of their construction and performance. So it all comes down to what you really need. From commercial to agricultural and industrial applications, each property is different in regard to space available and requirements.
Why is it important finding the ideal commercial garage doors?
All business properties have specific requirements. And garage doors act as assistants. Some are the main entrance of the property. Some properties might remain at specific temperatures for the protection of goods. Some commercial garage doors must be really big to facilitate the access of large vehicles. This is a short list of reasons why there are so many garage door options. No matter which one you choose, it must safeguard the property and thus products, employees, and goods. And it must have all properties needed to ensure the indoor environment is the ideal working place. This means that the door must also protect you from strong winds, or move fast, or provide insulation.
Which are your choices among commercial garage doors
- Sectional doors are ideal for properties where thermal efficiency and high security are both a must. They can be quite silent, move smoothly, and have windows if you want to have a view or clearly for aesthetics reasons. They come out in all materials and designs. But you need to have enough backroom and headroom for sectional garage door installation.
- Rolling doors come to fill your needs when there is no space in the garage. Counter shutters, service doors, and security grilles all belong to this family. Regardless of their differences, most roll up garage doors are made with interlocking slats and wrap around a barrel. And so they don’t occupy too much space. They provide maximum security and are very strong.
- Fire doors are special because they will automatically close the door if there is smoke, too much heat, or a fire. You can get counter shutters and service fire rated doors.
- High performance doors are similar to roll ups but are made of a durable fabric or rubber instead of a curtain in order to move faster. These types of doors come handy in properties where continuous cycles and high speed performance are a concern.
Features to take into consideration before getting a new garage door
- Decide whether or not you need a wind load door. This is important when this is a hurricane prone region or the weather conditions can be a tad extreme.
- Think about your thermal efficiency needs. You can get insulated doors whether they are wind load or not. You can choose the r-value and U-factor and get a double or triple layer sandwich construction.
- Pay attention to the size and type. You need company vehicles to come and go with ease. Even if you have the space for sectional doors, you might need to install rolling doors. The former ones usually occupy more space on the sides.
- Don’t forget about the garage door opener. Commercial openers might be trolley, hoist, or jackshaft types. What’s important is to choose a powerful one to move the door at the right pace.